SYM Owners Forum Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SYM Owners Forum Club

Anda pemilik motor SYM? Ingin berkongsi pengalaman/pengetahuan teknikal dan sebagainya? Bincangkannya di SYM Owners Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RPM meter got problem. Tolong

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sprockett
Newbie Lesen L
Newbie Lesen L

RPM meter got problem. Tolong Empty
PostSubject: RPM meter got problem. Tolong   RPM meter got problem. Tolong EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 6:39 pm

Salam!

Hi my malaysian friends, sorry for writing english. I am from Singapore, and I also have a WONDERFUL GTS 200 SYM. I buy second hand 4 years old.
Today, saya ada problem with RPM meter.

I try to search the forum, but maaf, saya tidak understand bahasa melayu. Sorry Sad

I have a problem, where when i switch on my bike, RPM only go to 2k and then come down. I need to switch on / off 2-3 times, then it will go go all the way.

It is just like this video:
www[.]youtube[.]com/watch?v=R-mc29lWx9Q&feature=youtu.be&t=52

--- How to fix ?
--- If replace meter, how much is the price in Malaysia?

Terima kasih banyak!

Sprockett
Back to top Go down
mkgibran
Remaja Lesen B2
Remaja Lesen B2

PostSubject: Re: RPM meter got problem. Tolong   RPM meter got problem. Tolong EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:22 am

sprockett wrote:
Salam!

Hi my malaysian friends, sorry for writing english. I am from Singapore, and I also have a WONDERFUL GTS 200 SYM. I buy second hand 4 years old.
Today, saya ada problem with RPM meter.

I try to search the forum, but maaf, saya tidak understand bahasa melayu. Sorry Sad

I have a problem, where when i switch on my bike, RPM only go to 2k and then come down. I need to switch on / off 2-3 times, then it will go go all the way.

It is just like this video:
www[.]youtube[.]com/watch?v=R-mc29lWx9Q&feature=youtu.be&t=52

--- How to fix ?
--- If replace meter, how much is the price in Malaysia?

Terima kasih banyak!

Sprockett

Salam, the youtube link you gave could not be logged in and by the way of coz it is normal for scooter when you just started it up it will eventually goes up to 2k RPM and after a while (when cold starting) it should be dropped to about 1500 RPM. If the RPM remained higher than 1500 after cold starting, than you need to adjust the carburator setting. If you can run your scooter without any problem meaning there is no problem with your scoot.
Back to top Go down
sprockett
Newbie Lesen L
Newbie Lesen L

PostSubject: Re: RPM meter got problem. Tolong   RPM meter got problem. Tolong EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 11:09 am

Hi brother, terima kasih for reply...

Oh what I meant is usually when switch on scooter, both the speedo and RPM will swing from zero to maximum and then back to zero.
I think this is calibration or test?

However for my scooter, sometimes during this calibration the rpm will go from zero to 2k only then back to zero.

I think something wrong with my rpm meter?

Thx!
Back to top Go down
mkgibran
Remaja Lesen B2
Remaja Lesen B2

PostSubject: Re: RPM meter got problem. Tolong   RPM meter got problem. Tolong EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 11:28 am

sprockett wrote:
Hi brother, terima kasih for reply...

Oh what I meant is usually when switch on scooter, both the speedo and RPM will swing from zero to maximum and then back to zero.
I think this is calibration or test?

However for my scooter, sometimes during this calibration the rpm will go from zero to 2k only then back to zero.

I think something wrong with my rpm meter?

Thx!

Hi, okay can you let us know what happen to the rpm meter when you are riding your scooter ? Do the meter work normal according to throttle acceleration or it stays at 2k ? Assuming it work normal than it could be the meter it self but there is nothing to be alarmed about if it doesnt effect your scooter overall performance.
Back to top Go down
sprockett
Newbie Lesen L
Newbie Lesen L

PostSubject: Re: RPM meter got problem. Tolong   RPM meter got problem. Tolong EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 11:59 am

Most of the time is OK, but sometimes it will calibrate wrongly.

So example:

Idle usually 1.5k, but sometimes The rpm meter will show 6k (when move off, it is 10k)...

Is it cheap to replace whole meter? I am thinking buy the replacement meter...

Terima kasih!
Back to top Go down
EnoBotolHijau
Newbie Lesen L
Newbie Lesen L
EnoBotolHijau

PostSubject: Re: RPM meter got problem. Tolong   RPM meter got problem. Tolong EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Meter Assy = RM781.60
(based on spare part price at www.sym.net.my)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPM meter got problem. Tolong   RPM meter got problem. Tolong Empty

Back to top Go down

RPM meter got problem. Tolong
Page 1 of 1